Sunday 5 October 2014

First Version Of My Tusk Tusk Monologue











This is my modern monologue I have chosen to do for Theatre this term. This is my first and it has all my thoughts, emotionally changes, beats and physical objectives. I wanted to do this monologue because as I was reading the play the character Maggie really made me feel sorry for her as I'm so close to my mum I cant imagine someone having so hatred towards their mum and when I found this monologue I loved it because I thought this is the part the play where she admits her true feelings about her mum. She's also telling Eliot her older brother why their mum isn't coming home. this is an important part in the play as she hasn't told before. I love playing the character Maggie as she's 14 and I'm 15. Maggie has this strong side and definitely has the mother figure in the whole play and think this monologue shows that character of her breaking and becoming a 14 year old girl as no 14 year old girl should have to live at home with two brothers with no parent/ guardian. Also, I think when it comes to the end of the monologue you realise that Maggie's feel guilty and this is why she never wanted to tell Eliot and Finn (her two brothers). 

No comments:

Post a Comment