Tuesday 23 September 2014

Skills Aduit - Have You Gained any skills elsewhere?



I have gained skills other some acting techniques such as:


The Brecht Alienation Effect: this effect is a clever technique that has been used for hundreds of years in theatre. Its a technique that makes the audience distant themselves emotionally from play by the reminders of the artificiality of the performance. they can do this in many such as allowing the actor to come out of character, reminding the audience they are a theatre and by set designs not representing the location in detail of where the play is set. For example I went to go a Much A Do About Nothing at the Old Vic last year and the set was just a brown wooden box on stage. When I leant the alienation I realised this is what the director and the set designer probably wanted as they to try and use the alienation technique. This method I think is really clever as its stops the audience getting to attack to characters and to have emotion throughout the play. Also, I think it is clever as when I read books/plays that have this effect for some reason they make me compare the storyline and the characters to todays society's and my opinion based on the book/play.


Dancing:  As I dance outside school as a extra curricular I this is has improved my acting as well in some way. Because as an dance the beat you adapt your dancing is the music and as a actor the beat is your breathe which you adapt your lines, your character and your physical movement too. This is why your breathing technique is so important as you have to allow your body to listen to the beat which is your breathe. However, I do think dancing can effect your acting in a bad as dancing everything has to be one time. But with acting you take can as long as you need to say the next line or play the next objective because you have control over your beat of your breathe.  Move over, dancing has helped me to feel what I'm dancing too and to fully understand my movement.


Alexandra Technique: is  a technique I found myself to help me improve my voice, posture and breathing. This technique is should help me break my habits I do everyday such as speaking from the dimples of my cheeks, breathing from my chest not my belly and leaving on one leg when I stand.  The technique I think has helped my improve my position I think as I have started doing yoga at my local gym I feel my back is more stretched which makes my chests and lungs feel open. When I practiced doing this at home its felt open and relaxing but when I went out I kind if felt exposed but as the I have been practising more often my have more comfortable doing this in front of people and hopefully when I performance my back bend like it did before to make my shoulders sink.


Inner Creative State:  This method helps as sometimes I don't feel mentally fit to play some one else so my acting just looks fake and planned. however learning this has helped me gain how important it is warm up into my character as playing your objective mentally is just as important of playing it physically. Also, your inner creative state can be effected by you playing your objective in the same way so you just don't feel the objective any more. Furthermore, your inner creative can  be effected my your attitude towards the character you play for example, if you play a racist you obviously don't have views as that character and this can make you have a negative emotion on your character. However to over come you have to find your inner racist (if that makes sense) to try and understand my characters views.





















No comments:

Post a Comment