Monday 1 September 2014

Why Are Objectives So Important?





Objectives are so important as an actor as its gives you more of a purpose to be on stage and playing the role more effetely. the purpose can help you lead into the character better as it can give you a more depth understanding for you and the audience of the character you are playing. Move over, it is an affect way to join dialogue and action as if you play the objective well the audience won't question what you are doing on stage and why you are doing it.  Furthermore, with objectives you can use your instinct while you act so you the scene looks more realist and it wont look like you are a Robert just saying the lines without meaning. Furthermore, I think one of the most important reasons why objectives are so important because it gives the text true meaning and emotion so if you are playing the objective well enough you can feel that emotion. In addition to this, its makes you live in the given circumstances so your reactions look more naturist and with more meaning. Also, objectives are important as if someone has the same scene as you it gives you the actor more identity as some else will play the objective differently to me or a completely different objective to me. Also, its allows you the actor to improvise while being on stage which I think is very important to keep the performance always looking like this is the first time you have performed it.


Objectives are important as they are the fundamental for understanding of the your character and the play. Leaning this is so important as if you don't understand the character  you playing the words you are just saying just turn into sounds. As I believe the way you say a word defines how you say it. For example, if I was to say the word "shut up" I could say it in a funny jokey way or I could say it in a rude nasty. 


Now I have leant about objectives I feel I can grow more as actor as my confidence   has grown from learning about objectives as I feel I have more of a purpose on stage. furthermore, objectives have made me understand how much you need to know about the character you are playing and the history behind the play. Finally, objectives have improved my acting and my knowledge about planning a performance as they have given me a deeper meaning to act.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Chloe. Remember that when we plan objectives sat down, they are just guesses. We need to get on our feet and live in the moment to test an objectives potential. Well done so far.

    ReplyDelete