Sunday 21 September 2014

Skills Audit Notes

Last lessons looked back on what we have leant do far. As an Actor this is really important as this is a on going that will continue for the rest of my life. Also, it is important to go back and look what I have leant and what I need to improve.


When we did this I didn't realise how much I have leant and how much I have improved as an actor. The acting techniques and methods I have leant are;


Rehearsal Skills- this method has helped me Analysing and truly understand the purpose of the text and this has helped me and if your on stage you don't understand what your doing or saying how is the audience meant to. Rehearsal skills I have leant are also give circumstances which is the environment and situational conditions which can effect human behaviour and therefore we have to understand what our characters given circumstances are. this technique was from the Russian theatre practitioner Konstantin Stanislavski's. Finally, Objectives is a really important technique as it has based think more deeply about my character. However, objectives are just to help you understand your character which you can change at any time.


Discovering Your Objectives: are really important part of being an actor as it allows your mind to mentally understand your character. If you allow this to happen the physically for your character will come because you understand the emotion.


Working Ensemble: Was one of my favourite techniques I have leant so far from doing Blackout as I loved working together as a hole class.


Evaluating: other peoples performance and myself is really important as I'm still learning as actor and you can learn from other people mistakes. Also, it has educated me as you have to research what you evaluating.


Understanding and Responding To Pacific Audience:   For TTWCT we had to adapt our ensemble performance to the suit the audience which were children. I really like learning this method it is an important method to learn as your target audience have to understand what's happening in the performance.


Allowing any to happen: this is a really important technique as if you act the same feeling and emotion to many times in the same way you will look like your acting and not living. this is make you look like a robot and not a human being. As a human we have a natural instinct to plan and prepare, epically for me as I'm such an organised person I have to plan everything. Therefore, this is one on my weakness that I need to improve to be more risky and to look less like I'm acting.


Space all Awareness: Is such an important technique as you have to your surroundings to very small detail while your performing. As this can effect your instinct while in you don't know your surrounding.


Energy Levels:  we leant this is term 5 of year 10 when we were doing TTWCT.  As we had to perform to children are energy levels had to be high. This is because children are so over active and they wouldn't understand the story line. Also, I think I performed this technique and I am confident to perform to again.


Breathe Exercises: Breathing is such an important part for acting as you have to spend your breathe wisely so the audience can hear you speaking but heavily breathing (unless need to for your scene). we have done exercise such as where you stand up with good posture and closing eyes pretending that their is a warm bowl of oil in your belly. this encourages you to deep breathy and to fill your lungs properly.


 Warm up My Body and Mind: Warming mentally is just as important as warming up Physical as you have believe you are that are that character. Also, now I have understand to warm up my mind mentally and physically I understand how much research depth actors go into to fully understand their characters.


Spending The Emotion And Allowing The Breathe To Leave Not Mind: this is technique has let me take control of my breathing and to allow my emotion to explored out of me and to rapidly change unrealistically though my performance.


Multimedia: This is properly my favourite skills I have leant this year as it is something I have never done before and I loved using and setting up modern technology. And I would love to do a term like this again.


React To Other Actors: This is such an important skill I have leant as you cant just prepare what the other actors have done in rehearsal or wise the performance will look planned and their will be no real connection or energy going to the audience.


Director: I really liked directing in term two when we were had choreograph and director some parts of Blackout. This opened up my creatively and made me think more deeply about the play as to be a Director you have to understand what every line and every word of the play.


Every Scene is a Chase Scene: I leant this is term one this is important as it increases the tension in the scenes. also, if the actor learn this is make them keep giving and to keep playing their objectives.


Action Overrides The Lines : is another word for saying actions speak louder than words. this skills is so important when you are performing with other people on stage. This is because your physically expresses your emotion more than the lines you have.


7 States of Tension: come from a man called Jacques Lecoq as he wanted  to help actors adapt their character around 7 levels of tension. I found these technique hard to understand at first however when we got to level 5 I started to understand of the purpose of this technique and why it is important for actor to learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment